Portrait Of A Woman...

She was a very special woman.

She taught me to love butterflies...

She taught me NOT to accept something as my fate just because that's what is expected of me.

She taught me to 'live in my mind', because she lived in hers. And although she lived mostly in her past, and that gave her comfort, she urged me to 'live in my future'.

To dream... To plan...

She taught me the Art of Being Me.

She was my grandmother Zofia Wanic.


She loved tulips and told me that there is a tiny girl born in one out of a thousand tulips. 
(I checked thousands of them...)



Tomorrow, Monday the 8th of March is International Women's Day. Let's celebrate all women: those with their voices heard on public platforms and those that touch our lives in many more subtle ways...


Comments

Popular Posts